Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Face Time with the Leadership Team

I look forward to my once a year F2F with the SCSD Leadership Team. Although I think I do a pretty good job of keeping the team informed of Media Services activities (celebrations and challenges) and the team members are certainly accessible throughout their buildings and the district, this venue provides for a unique opportunity to tell our story.


Today, my assignment was to present the Media Services annual report for 2010-11 and I did have an artifact prepared,

(Click here for the interactive version).

but frankly, that news seemed stale, especially since this has been such a busy, positive year, full of success stories. Instead I focused on one day (Friday December 2nd), taking the team through a series of interactions (both digital and one-on-one) that illustrated our theme: Making Connections. It was a "day in the life" snapshot that started with a 7:30 a.m. convo with the 6th grade science teacher and ended with a 15 minute tutorial at 4:30 pm with a student who needed to create a web site for the boy's freshman basketball team. There was everything else in between, including an email from "Melvil Dewey" of "Dewey Rap" fame, a planning session with the Business Ed teacher for post-break collaboration on copyright, Google Presentation for 4th graders sharing out on their circulatory system study and prep for a 7th grade Language Arts unit on African nations.

I sincerely appreciate the support and positive feedback the Leadership Team provides to myself and my team. It makes a tremendous difference to us and to the students. I think they deserve the stickers I bestowed - granting them honorary status as "Library Tech Geek Tribe" members!

No comments:

Post a Comment